Pink Eye: Causes and Treatments
You wake up in the morning, and you or your child has an eyelid that is crusted together and is painful to try and open, if not impossible. Or, you wake up and your eyes are painful, watery, and sensitive to light. Both of these scenarios are a common occurrence with pink eye. Younger children are often more susceptible, pink eye is easy to pass from person to person, which makes schools a good setting for this eye emergency to thrive. Anyone can be affected by pink eye, not just children. Come into TSO Atascocita and have your eyes checked by your local Humble optometrist for the pain associated with pink eye right away.
What is Pink Eye?
What is Pink Eye?
Conjunctivitis, commonly known as pink eye or an eye infection, is a common eye emergency, that in almost all cases is easily treated by an optometrist. As mentioned, pink eye can affect anyone, but younger children are most at risk due to the highly contagious nature of the infection. Proper handwashing techniques can reduce the transfer of the infection. There are 3 types of pink eye: bacterial, viral, and other. The treatment usually involves coming in to TSO Atascocita to see your Humble, TX optometrist as a first recourse, in order to determine what further treatment is appropriate.
- Crusty or gritty feeling as if you have sand in your eye
- Itchy or burning feeling in one or both eyes
- Fluid discharge from one or both eyes
- Swollen or puffy eyelids
- Pink discoloration of the whites (sclera) of one or both eyes
- Increased sensitivity to light or difficulty with night driving
- Uncontrollable tearing
- Monday: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Thursday: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed